Thursday, March 22, 2012

Time Out =[

SCENE 1

(We see a little girl, playing alone onstage. Her name is ELIZA. She ad-libs things such as "Oh there you go, Mrs. Blue! It's tea time!" etc. She is playing with dolls.)

(Offstage voice)- ELIZA! Time for your lessons!

(ELIZA puts her dolls down)

ELIZA- Coming mummy!


(Stage right, another girl slips onstage. Her name is JADE, and she slowly slinks over to ELIZA)

JADE- Hi Eliza.

(ELIZA stops running offstage left and turns)

ELIZA- Oh, hi Jade.

JADE- Want to come play with me? I've got a fun game to play.

ELIZA- Well....I've got lessons and.....

(JADE grabs ELIZA'S hand and pulls her along)

JADE- Oh come on!

(They girls exit stage right)


SCENE 2

(ELIZA'S MOTHER storms onstage, enraged)

ELIZA'S MOTHER- ELIZA! Where on earth could she be?

(JADE and ELIZA run onstage, laughing, until they bump into ELIZA'S MOTHER)

ELIZA'S MOTHER- ELIZA! Where have you been?!?! I thought you were in your lessons!


ELIZA- I know mother, but I-

ELIZA'S MOTHER- Young lady, time out, RIGHT NOW!

(ELIZA sadly walks offstage left, followed by her mother. JADE slinks offstage right)

THE END!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment