(Scene: A bedroom. Two girls, Sasha and Else, are playing around. A fish tank is on a dresser, with two fish inside, Lola and Silver.)
SASHA: Thanks for coming over Else. I was so bored!
ELSE: No problem Sasha. So was I!
(The girls giggle)
SASHA: Let's play with my Barbies!
ELSE: Cool!
(The girls pull the Barbies out from under the bed. They begin to play with them and silently ad-lib. The lights go partially dim on the girls and come on on LOLA and SILVER'S fish tank)
LOLA: What are those, mini people? The large ones were bad enough!
SILVER: Not mini people, swamp water*, they don't move. See? What did our person call them.....dolls? dar...darbies? Darbies that must be it.
LOLA: Oh well whatever, fish-it-all**.
(SILVER glares at LOLA)
LOLA: What? Oh sorry. Well, they should be more careful with the Darbies!
SILVER: I agree. Look! Pink does NOT go with blue shoes!
(LOLA rolls her eyes)
LOLA: Not what I meant. I mean, they're holding the Darbies so roughly! It must hurt! And all those tugs and jerks....
(Both fish shake their heads.)
(* "swamp water" used as insult)
(** Know-it-all)
No comments:
Post a Comment