Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bully, meet your match!

I casually walked into Cose, my favorite restaurant. My handsome husband, Fiyero, walked beside me. We were going out for a fun night away from all the stress of work. We were seated right away, as there weren't many other people here tonight. I ordered a nice steak, and Fiyero ordered a rack of ribs. I smiled at him. We had so much money now, we both had raises at work. As we waited for our food, my eyes wandered around the place and I looked at the other people here. My eyes settled on one girl eating a skimpy salad all alone. I instantly recognized her. That was Elizabeth, the girl who always stole my lunch money! Fiyero saw me looking troubled, and said, "What's wrong Honey?" I quickly told him what I had seen. "Don't worry about it sweetheart," he said. All went well until later, when Elizabeth had the nerve to come up over to us! She smiled her icy smile. "Hi Chrys, how wonderful to see you," "Pleasure,"
I replied coldly. "Well, you look like you ate well," she said, eying our meal. Oh great. Now she was going to make me pay for a nice meal for her. Just like when I was a kid. No, I think. I won't stand for this. "Well, we did, thank you! So kind of you to notice! Looks like all that lunch money you stole from me isn't helping you know. Sometimes I wonder why you did it. Oh yes, now I remember. Because you're an insecure, stubborn little scorch. Have a wonderful day." I replied sharply. Fiyero and I paid and left Cose. We were smiling all the way.

1 comment: