Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Scene Time!

CHARACTERS

Dog (Spot)
Mom
Lindie (7)
Sarah (13)


(LINDIE and MOM are seen downstage right. LINDIE is bouncing up and down)

LINDIE- Mom! Mom! Can we pleeeeeeeeease have a doggie!

MOM- Oh, I don't know sweetheart, we're never home and....

LINDIE- Oh please! I'd take care of him, and he'd sleep in my room, and you'd barely notice he was there!

MOM- What about dog food? And who would walk him?

LINDIE- Me!!!!!

MOM- Not now sweetie.

LINDIE- .........And Sarah will clean her room forever and not argue with you.

MOM- (smiles) Oh in THAT case.

LINDIE- Oh yayayayayayayayay! Sarah! We're getting a doggie!

(SARAH enters downstage left)

SARAH- Huh? A dog? Oh neat! How'd you convince Mom?

LINDIE- Well, uh, well......

(LINDIE runs offstage)

SARAH- Oy! Get back here now!

(SARAH runs after her)

MOM- Oh boy.


SCENE 2

SPOT- Woof!

LINDIE- Awwwwwwww! Isn't he the cutest thing!

SARAH- He sure is. Thanks for getting him.

MOM- Oh you're welcome. Now get to school!

(SARAH and LINDIE exit)

SPOT- Whew! I thought they'd never leave.

MOM- Wha- What!?!? You can....talk?!?!

SPOT- Of cousre I can talk!

MOM- Well, ok then..........


SCENE 3

SARAH- Ooooooooo! Mom has such cute clothes!

(She sees a pretty red dress)

SARAH- Hmmm, won't Brad think I'm adorable in this dress?

(Holds the dress up to her and twirls)

SARAH- I'll feel like a princess! Mom won't mind if I borrow it, right?

(SPOT has been lying downstage the whole time.)

SPOT- Woof! Woof!

SARAH- Hush!

(LINDIE enters)

LINDIE- Hey Mom I need help with my homew-

(Sees SARAH)

LINDIE- Sarah! That's mom's pretty dress!

SARAH- I know isn't it fabulous? I'll look perfect tonight at the party.

LINDIE- Mom said we're not supposed to play with her clothes.

SARAH- I'm not playing, I'm wearing. There's a difference. Besides, you can wear Mom's sparkly shoes!

(SARAH holds up a pair of sparkling shoes)

LINDIE- Ohhhhh! They're so pretty! Ok, I won't tell.

(The girls walk off)

SPOT- Woof!


SCENE 4

SPOT- Hey Mom. What's up?

MOM- Oh hi Spot. I'm ok. My favorite dress and pair of shoes has gone missing!

SPOT- Oh I know where they went.

MOM- You do?

SPOT- Oh sure. Sarah took the dress to the party last night, and......Oh! Lindie took the shoes to her room to play dress up. Kids these days, right?

MOM- They're in so much TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LINDIE&SARAH-  Uh oh!


**THE END**

No comments:

Post a Comment