I was....about six years old. I had my chocolate brown eyes full of hope, and a head of curly brown-black hair. It was Easter, and I was up bright and early to go and find Easter Eggs. My brothers and I ran all over our house, squealing with delight. Chocolate bunnies and jellybeans later, it was time to go to our Grandma's house for supper. I slowly retreated to my room to get dressed. First I brushed my teeth, the taste of toothpaste not contrasting well with the lingering taste of candy. I then proceeded to brush my tangled hair. THAT was my least favorite part. I then ran over to my closet and threw open the door. There it was. My special, never-worn pink Easter day dress. I giggled with delight as I put it on. It was thoroughly sequined, so I sparkled whenever I walked. The bubblegum-pink fabric felt smooth against my skin. I then put on my light brown cardigan and ran to my parents' room. They smiled as they saw me and gave me a big hug. We then got into our minivan and took off! As we were driving along, I started playing with the buttons on my jacket. Button, unbutton. Button, unbutton. We finally arrived at my Grandma's house. As I ran to give her a hug, the button popped of my cardigan! I stopped running and scrambled to find it on the driveway. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye and picked it up. Then I ran quickly over to my Mother and handed her the button. And that is when I learned to NOT play with the buttons on your jacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment